Have you felt the darkness, the craziness and the insane energy of the last few years? You may have heard of people talking about the universal shift that has been happening, some predict the world would end in 2012 but really it’s just the end of the world as we know it. We are in the Aquarian age and this is not just a hippy expression but a time where energy is shifting and a time to wake up.
I was listening to one of my go to gurus Gabrielle Bernstein, talk about the Aquarian age and she said that in the Aquarian age we must create an energy field within us that can coexist with the craziness that is affecting the world. She quoted something from Yogi Sutra (I think that is who she was quoting) which states that in the Aquarian age there is a 1/3 – 1/3 shift. 1/3 of people will commit suicide, 1/3 of people will go mad and 1/3 of people will wake up. This may sound like an extreme statement to you, but in my life I can’t get over the amount of people who are suffering from depression right now. People who have always been full of so much light. I have lost several friends to suicide and I know many more who have been close to suicide. I also know people who have woken up one day with a deep longing for a connection to God and have gone from partying to meditating/praying just like that.
We have the choice as to which third will take over. It’s a time like never before that we need to connect and fight our fear based thoughts and push through our discomfort to discover real joy.
Although the darkness is so much stronger, there is also joy, compassion and love like never before.
We just have to choose to follow it.
This year for me has been incredibly difficult. It’s hard to even put into words what I have experienced. When I think I have hit rock bottom I discover so many new layers and there has been a darkness so blinding I really never thought I’d see out of it. I had gone through dark periods before but this time I didn’t think I would make it out. It’s so painful to even talk about and only a few people really know (or have been around to see it) but it was scary to say the least. I’ve been cautious of writing about it here because I am known for being positive, and for being the inspiring one. I started this blog to inspire people so it’s hard to be the one who has to say I am not ok. It’s been difficult for me to keep this blog going, or see clients or even get out of bed but somehow each day I choose to face it. I’ve shed more tears than I can remember and some days I can barely stand up straight because I am in such horrific soul pain. Somehow I got through it even if I just cried my way through each day. I felt like I had been stripped bare of absolutely everything, work, money, friends, even a home. I was so off course. When I thought I was done with being stripped I was threatened with my one rock in all of this being taken away and I couldn’t cope with that.
I’ve hated myself for getting into this darkness. I haven’t wanted anyone to know how I have really been feeling. I don’t even feel like myself most of the time but I just walked through it. I got up every day and I went to bed each night. That’s all you can do really when you get like this.
Having been here before I have a few tools under my belt but I had to make the choice to use them. So many days I was done, I just didn’t want to go on or help myself. Giving up was an easy option but instead I slowly tried to climb out.
I spend my days trying to listen to inspiring messages, meditating, reading books or do whatever it takes to keep my vibration at a high frequency (I know I sound like a total hippy)
When I heard this 1/3 example I could feel how real it was and it scared me. 2/3 of that pie was not an option to stay in and I want more than anything to be the one that wakes up and leads the way in all of us waking up.
No matter how dark it gets it’s also an opportunity for the most surreal growth. Sometimes we have to die to ourselves to really transform into who we need to be. I have written about this many times but there is purpose in pain. I knew on a deep cellular level that my depression was for a purpose. I knew that I wouldn’t have been taken this low if there wasn’t something great coming and I could choose to give up or I could keep coming to see the end result.
It’s hard to keep faith when you feel like this, most days I lost faith in God and I lost total faith in myself but I knew I had to somehow reconnect and keep the faith. What other option is there? You have to find faith in something even if it’s just yourself.
I write about this today, even though more than anything I want to hide from it and not let anyone know what has really been going on. Instead I write because I know it needs to be said, sometimes things just aren’t ok, we aren’t ok and that’s ok. Out of the thousands of people who read my blog each week I know there would be at least a few that feel the same way. Maybe it’s you that feels this way and you don’t know how to handle it.
So while many of us are trying to push through the negativity of the Aquarian age there are 5 sutras (yoga term for life threads or words to live by) to guide us through.
The Five Sutras of the Aquarian Age
1. Recognise that the other person is you.
- We are all part of the same energy, from the same source. The light you see in other people is the same light that lives in you. This knowing not only helps to see your light but it helps to forgive others who aren’t showing you that light. No matter what someone is doing to you, we are all one, all connected, you have to forgive and see them as the light that is in you.
2. There is a way through every block.
- This is probably the most important sutra to hold onto. We have been given the tools to get through any block which may come as pain, a circumstance or frustration. There is always a way through!
3. When the time is on you, start, and the pressure will be off.
- Don’t wait until you are ready to follow your dreams or go after something. You will never be ready so just do it, start and it will be ok.
4. Understand through compassion or you will misunderstand the times.
- No matter what circumstance you are faced with, even if someone is really getting on your nerves or is being really rude to you, you have to understand every situation with compassion or you just won’t learn the lessons you need to understand the time that we are in.
5. Vibrate the cosmos, and the cosmos shall clear the path.
- When we are feeling negative then we can only attract negative energy and situations to match our vibrational state. If you work on turning your negative into a positive (and I know this is really hard but you just have to try to move into positive thinking) your energy will literally clear a path to start drawing in amazing opportunities.
Right now I am doing much better. Although at times I have felt so alone I thank those who have been my support, you know who you are I have felt major shifts from my commitment to getting through this. Choosing to walk through the pain is the first step in healing. I know that I am being cracked open from the inside and I plan to share with you all the tools and techniques I have learnt in overcoming negativity to help you through whatever you are going through.
Love and blessings